Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Avoid Perfectionism and Accept Uncertainty

Sow your seed in the morning,
and at evening let not your hands be idle,
for you do not know which will succeed,
whether this or that,
or whether both will do equally well. 

Ecclesiastes 11:6



Wow!  
Ecclesiastes has a lot to say.  

Solomon wrote this book.  The purpose was to spare generations the bitterness of learning through their own experiences that life is meaningless without God.

I'm sad to say that I don't think I've read it before.  

You could probably tell.

In an attempt to avoid perfectionism in this post (HA!!  None of them are perfect.)...
...I'm going to cut this short and just say: 

Ecclesiastes is short and the time taken to dive in is going to be well worth it.

Go read it!!

:)

2 comments:

  1. I love Ecclesiastes. My favorite is Ecclesiastes 4:7-12:
    7 Again I saw something meaningless under the sun:

    8 There was a man all alone;
    he had neither son nor brother.
    There was no end to his toil,
    yet his eyes were not content with his wealth.
    “For whom am I toiling,” he asked,
    “and why am I depriving myself of enjoyment?”
    This too is meaningless—
    a miserable business!

    9 Two are better than one,
    because they have a good return for their labor:
    10 If either of them falls down,
    one can help the other up.
    But pity anyone who falls
    and has no one to help them up.
    11 Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm.
    But how can one keep warm alone?
    12 Though one may be overpowered,
    two can defend themselves.
    A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this, Barbara. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete