Monday, June 6, 2011

Do Not Fear


Part Two...

The lazy man says, “There is a lion in the road!
A fierce lion is in the streets!” 

Proverbs 26:13


Proverbs 22:13 says basically the same thing:
The sluggard says, There is a lion outside!"  or,
"I will be murdered in the streets!"



How many times do we throw things completely out of proportion?  I don't want to do chores.  In fact, I better stay inside where it's safe.  There are no lions near my couch!  Really?  You think you'll be murdered if you go to work? 

Excuses, excuses, excuses.

The less I do, the less I want to do.  The more I sleep the more I want to sleep. 

Fear is a big struggle for a lot of us.  Even when we don't realize that it's fear holding us back.  At times that is the beginning of lazy habits.  It's much easier to NOT do something than to do it and FAIL.  It's easier to avoid than achieve.  One of my favorite sayings is:
"If at first you don't succeed...
....SHRED all evidence that you tried."
It's funny but it's not productive.  


What would you attempt to do if
you knew you could not fail?


Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment