Monday, May 23, 2011

Does Jesus Wear Rose Colored Glasses?

I have seen his ways, but I will heal him;
I will guide him and restore comfort to him, 
creating praise on the lips of the mourners in Israel.
Isaiah 57:18
 
God saw my ways.  He knew every sin that I had committed, He knew each and every one of my days before the first one came to pass.  He saw me there in the mud.  Completely broken.  With no redeeming qualities except for one:

I BELONGED TO HIM

And He chose to heal me.  He guided me home and restored comfort in my heart, mind and spirit.  This comfort and peace is so real and so unbelievably good that I have a hard time believing that I was the wreck that I was in 2010.  I will be praising God as long as I have breath to do it.

Waiting on His promises - that is hard work, I know.  But He gives the strength for any task He asks of us.  We must keep our eyes on Jesus.  Drown out the whispers of the Evil One with praise and prayers to our Lord in heaven.

God brings comfort to the contrite.  He lives forever in a high and holy place, but also with the lowly in spirit.  We will never be good enough to deserve it.  And thankfully we'll never need to be.


Jesus - I am yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment