Thursday, May 19, 2011

Who am I?

I recently went on a search to figure out who I was.  Not in an Eat, Pray, Love kind of way (yes, I have the book, no I haven't read it or seen the movie.)  There is a great song that says: "I don't think Hank done it this way."  I don't think Julia Roberts done it this way, either.
 
I searched and found these descriptions in Romans, Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians, Colossians and Timothy.  This isn’t me being arrogant.  I certainly don’t deserve this identity and could never have earned it.  These are truths from the Word of God. 

I am justified
No condemnation awaits me
I am set free from the law of sin that leads to death
I am made holy and acceptable 
I am righteous
I will be made alive at the resurrection
I am a new creation
I receive God's righteousness
I am one with other believers
I am blessed with every spiritual blessing
I am holy and blameless
I am God's child
I am FORGIVEN
I am under Christ's authority
I belong to God by the Holy Spirit
I have been raised up to sit with Christ in glory
I am God's work of art
I am near to God
I am promised blessings
I can come with freedom and confidence into God's presence
I am a member of Christ's body, the Church
I am made complete
I am set free from our sin nature
I have eternal glory

There are times that I certainly don't feel these truths with my emotions and my brain can't quite comprehend a few of them even on my good days.

But God says they are true.

And so they are.

Tomorrow I will tell you a bit more about what I've learned in the past year.  About God.  About myself.  About His amazing promises. 

Until then,

Denise

3 comments:

  1. I needed to read this, thank you for allowing me to follow you on this journey. This is speaking to me in a way that God is telling me to wake up and listen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michele - I am so glad to read your comment. If my journey can help point even one person towards Christ then He is glorified. Thank you for following and please keep listening to God!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Allison - You are too sweet to print and keep this! I should probably do the same for my daughter. This world quickly tells us that we're none of the things on this list.

    I'll call you about Tuesdays and we'll make a plan!! :)

    ReplyDelete